The end of the summer can bring many mixed emotions for campers. While they will be so happy to be back with their families, they will also miss their friends, counselors, and life at camp. As for parents— we know you can’t wait to hear all about your child’s amazing experiences!
Before the summer started, we sent you a packing list and other information to help you prepare your child for camp. Now that the session is nearly over, we wanted to provide you with this “unpacking list,” of questions to help you encourage your camper to “unpack” the wonderful experience they’ve had at Coleman
We hope asking some of these questions will help you see a glimpse of what camp is like through your child’s eyes:
- What is your favorite song from song session? Can you sing it? Does it have any fun hand motions?
- What was the funniest thing your counselors did during the summer?
- What was the best/funniest/weirdest/most interesting day on your cabin’s calendar?
- Why is Shabbat at camp so special?
- Tell me about your favorite camp friends! Where do they live?
- What is something you learned this summer? Did you learn about something or learn how to do something new?
- Did you or anyone in your cabin perform in any they camp productions?
- Did you try the zip line at ropes, challenge yourself on the new Warrior Course, create a mosaic in art, or play on the new lake toys?
- What was your favorite snack? Did you try any new foods this summer?
- Which activities did you choose?
Tikkun Olam – Building Shalom to Empower and Inspire
In Jewish life we constantly pray for and work for Shalom. While Shalom is used to say "hello" "goodbye " and "peace", it means wholeness, harmony and peace- that all of the parts of the system are working together in balance becoming a whole greater than the sum of...
7 + 4 = 11 And So Much More: Machon Adventure 2022
The Machon Adventure Program is one of the three different leadership development and staff-in-training programs offered for Camp Coleman’s rising 12th graders. After several years of using North Carolina’s Outward Bound program for the Adventure Week, the Coleman...
Specialty Area Spotlight: Campscape
While it’s always a camper favorite, some of you may wonder what exactly is Campscape at Camp Coleman? To some, it simply may be where we make Limonana from freshly picked-from-the-garden mint and lemon balm leaves, yet its roots run so much deeper. (Get it, roots?)...