Machon Application Essay Questions
You will need to prepare your answers to the questions below BEFORE beginning the application. You can’t save the application once you begin, so make sure to type your answers ahead of time and then copy them into the application.
Please use as much space as necessary to sufficiently answer the questions. We are looking for applicants who will take an appropriate amount of time to reflect on their individual answers to these questions.
- Do you have summer camp experience? If so, where and for how many years? Tell us about your experience!
- Why do you want to be a part of this program this summer?
- What hobbies and/or extracurricular activities do you enjoy?
- What role does Judaism play in your life?
- How will camp benefit from having you in the Machon Program this summer?
- What is the most difficult thing you have ever had to do?
- Have you ever worked directly with children before? If so, please describe.
- What do you think are the most valuable skills a staff member should have? Why?
- In your own terms, please define what it means to be a role model and describe a situation in which you feel you acted as a role model.
- Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you and your application?