Machon Application Instructions
To apply for the Machon program, please follow these instructions (read carefully!):
- Review the application and prepare your answers to the short essay questions. Please note that you can’t save the application once you begin, so be sure to work on your essay questions in a separate document before completing the online application. You can find the essay questions here.
- Request that two people serve as references for you. If you are involved with a synagogue, one of the references should be from your Rabbi, Cantor, Educator, or Youth Director. If you went on the Coleman Israel trip, a Mitzvah Corps trip, or went to Kutz last summer, then the 2nd reference should be your leader or counselor from that program. If one or both of those don’t apply to you, then please choose references that either have seen you in a leadership role (for example, a school club advisor) or have seen you work with children (for example, a day camp supervisor). You should reach out to your references PRIOR to submitting your application. On your application, you will need to write their name and email address. When you submit the application, your references will receive a form by email for them to fill out. They will need to fill out the reference form by December 15.
- AFTER you've written your short essays and spoken to your references, you should then complete the online application. The application is online at: https://urjyouth.wufoo.com/forms/p5ljbp113eatom/.
- The deadline for applying is Monday, December 2, 2019.
- Supply us with any relevant certifications or proof of training such as Lifeguard, WSI, Ropes course, etc. Please send scanned copies of your certifications to email@example.com.
- Have a video interview during the month of December. Shortly after you’ve submitted your application, you will be contacted to schedule your video interview.
- Commit to fully participate in the summer program including attendance at our Machon weekend retreat, March 6-8, 2020 at Camp Coleman. We strongly prefer when our participants can attend our spring weekend.
- Participants will be notified of their application status by January 15, 2020. If selected to participate, families will have 2 weeks from acceptance date to register the participant in CampMinder (our online registration system). When registering, an $800 nonrefundable deposit will be required (credit card). If you are admitted into the program and do not register in CampMinder within 2 weeks, your space may be offered to someone else.
- Late applications: If you miss the regular application deadline, you may still apply, but your application will be processed after January 15 and on a space-available basis. Priority is given to those who apply by December 2. No applications will be accepted after Machon Weekend in March.
All applicants must complete the application process outlined above. Participants will be notified by January 15, 2020 through email of their application status.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT EACH APPLICANT READ THE APPLICATION AND THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE! THE APPLICATION AND ESSAY QUESTIONS ARE TO BE FILLED OUT BY THE MACHON APPLICANT ONLY!