With your support, campers deliver the values of camp back home to families and friends, college campuses, congregations, and communities. These pivotal Jewish camp experiences create generations of teens, young adults, and adults who engage in Jewish life, support Jewish causes, and lead their communities.
Your support of capital projects at Camp Coleman will help to improve our facilities for future generations.
Camp Coleman Fund
Your donation to the Camp Coleman Fund helps support camp programming that otherwise would not be possible.
Allan F. Solomon Scholarship Fund
Help make the Coleman experience available to as many campers as possible, regardless of their families’ ability to pay.
Make a Pledge
Many of our campers choose to make Camp Coleman the beneficiary of their Bar/Bat Mitzvah projects. We are excited to offer ideas and support to our campers that choose to do so. We have examples of projects that have been done in the past, and are happy to share them with interested families. For more information on how to make Camp Coleman your B’nai Mitzvah project, please take a look below.
B'nai Mitzvah Project Ideas
- Make a Bar/Bat Mitzvah website with a page dedicated to your project
- Use Coleman clothes and swag to make Coleman centerpieces, which can then be donated to new campers who cannot afford to buy Coleman items
- Collect empty bottles and cans at your temple, school, and other organizations, then use the money you get back from the machines at the supermarket to donate to camp
- Host a walkathon with your friends to raise money for scholarship
- Host a talent show at your temple and donate proceeds to scholarship
- Recruit donations from local businesses, then host an auction or a silent auction to raise money for scholarship
- Host a car wash or bake sale
- You are a Coleman camper, you have your own brilliant ideas!
URJ Camp Coleman
Today, Camp Coleman’s campsite includes 200 acres. Through generous contributions we strive to make it possible that family finances are not an obstacle for a child to attend camp.
As we look to the next 60 years, we hope to be able to endow every aspect of our camp and its operations-the facilities; our program; staff; and scholarship funds. Having an endowment fund will put Coleman on a solid footing, and enable us to look to the future with confidence.
To make Camp Coleman part of your estate plan, and ensure the long-term, continued success of camp, let us know by completing the Letter of Intent and sending it in. Join our Legacy Society.
If you have any questions or simply wish to discuss your planned gift, contact Melissa Stollman.
-Honi, the circle maker
Spreading your support throughout the year is a convenient way to include your donations into your personal budget. Monthly giving is also a cost efficient way to deliver your support.
- Great satisfaction. Every month, you will know you have contributed to make the Camp Coleman experience the best possible for more than 900 campers that attend each summer.
- Convenience. When you participate in Coleman’s Recurring Gift Program, your gift will appear each month on your credit card. In January, we will send you a summary of your and tax receipt to help in your tax preparations, and you will not receive phone solicitations or direct mail solicitations.
- Reduced paperwork and administrative expenses. Automatic monthly payments mean more of your donation goes to where it is needed most.
- Flexibility. If for any reason you wish to increase, decrease, discontinue your gifts, or change the credit card being charged, just e-mail our Development Director Adam Griff or call (770) 671-8971, and we will gladly accommodate you.
WHAT IS A RECURRING GIFT?
A recurring gift is a way to support camp by donating a specific amount every month. Your gift will be automatically charged to your credit card. Your recurring gift will be a dependable source of support that Camp Coleman can count on throughout the year.
Ready to give now?
Select the fund you would like to set up your recurring gift for!