The end of the summer can bring many mixed emotions for campers. While they will be so happy to be back with their families, they will also miss their friends, counselors, and life at camp. As for parents— we know you can’t wait to hear all about your child’s amazing experiences!
Before the summer started, we sent you a packing list and other information to help you prepare your child for camp. Now that the session is nearly over, we wanted to provide you with this “unpacking list,” of questions to help you encourage your camper to “unpack” the wonderful experience they’ve had at Coleman
We hope asking some of these questions will help you see a glimpse of what camp is like through your child’s eyes:
- What is your favorite song from song session? Can you sing it? Does it have any fun hand motions?
- What was the funniest thing your counselors did during the summer?
- What was the best/funniest/weirdest/most interesting day on your cabin’s calendar?
- Why is Shabbat at camp so special?
- Tell me about your favorite camp friends! Where do they live?
- What is something you learned this summer? Did you learn about something or learn how to do something new?
- Did you or anyone in your cabin perform in any they camp productions?
- Did you try the zip line at ropes, challenge yourself on the new Warrior Course, create a mosaic in art, or play on the new lake toys?
- What was your favorite snack? Did you try any new foods this summer?
- Which activities did you choose?
Building a campfire. Cooking dinner. Packing a backpack. Setting up a tent. Following a trail. Making a “body fluid sandwich.” These are only a few of the outdoor living skills learned as a part of Coleman Quest 2023. Coleman Quest is not like any other program at...
Chalutzim’s session has been filled with educational moments, fun programs, and meaningful connections. The first week was spent catching up with old friends and getting to know new ones. Some evening programs included an amazing race, where campers traveled around...
The Kesher unit has been having a fantastic summer so far! They have been eager to participate in activities like learning to play guitar during Tarbut and crafting rings in Metals. Evening programs have been a big hit, from running around camp for an intense game of...